Behavioral health specialists are essential team members at rehabilitation centers, mental health facilities, clinics, and learning institutions. They are responsible for the following duties:
- Providing support to patients
- Assisting counselors and therapists
- Counseling for drug addiction
- Support patients with physical limitations
- Assist in the treatment of mental illness
- Working closely with social workers
As advancements in medical technology rise, more employers are requiring national certification in the behavioral health field each year.